large amount of files client fails

General discussion about Livedrive

Moderator: pamart

amyadmin

large amount of files client fails

Postby amyadmin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 am

Dear All,
I am testing livedrive business (multi user) for a client with a large amount of files (400.000+, 300Gb). The client is very buggy in these cases. In this case I obviously set the option to 'just store my files online......' in all user clients, but the download queue starts filling up after running the set-up, connecting to the livedrive with a account and the pre-sync procedure (pre-sync finishes in a couple of minutes without any problems). It stubs all the files with .ld files (which is correct), but still the livedrive tool queues all files for download and probably after a while skips them individually due to the option to just store them online (never got to that point though). Normally that would not be an issue with a couple of 1000 files, but in this case the livedrive client can't seem to handle these amount of files. I want to use the livedrive as a online storage, only synchronizing the files needed by the users to their own computer. It all seemed to work fine but after copying 400.000 files to the livedrive, the clients got unstable.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

AmyAdmin

Return to “Livedrive”