Some files are not being backed up

General discussion about Livedrive

Moderator: pamart

Alex6752

Some files are not being backed up

Postby Alex6752 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi there!

I have a problem with my livedrive.
I by chance noticed, that a file was not backed up, although the folder is in my backup set. I saw in the web interface, that the file was missing. The livedrive software says: nothing to process, all backup done. Even a manual check for backup did not solve the problem.

The support wanted me to do an integrity check to get things right... well it did not make the file out, which is not backed up so I sent them my log files for research.

I am now really disappointed because it means that you cannot rely on what the livedrive software says!!! Maybe there are even other files it did not backup but i did not realize it yet... :(

Has anyone of you experienced something comparable? How could you solve the issue?

Alex

pitchdown

Re: Some files are not being backed up

Postby pitchdown » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Same problem here : Integrity checks, delete folder ~LD.
After an integrity check it works for one time. After that same problem....somebody with a solution?

BertiSa

Postby BertiSa » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:00 pm

We are having the same issue with trying to back up .mdf and .ldf files. Any clues ??

demotricus

Postby demotricus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:21 am

I have noticed that in the new software , certain file types are excluded by default - including .exe files, virtual Machines etc - might be worth examining your settings in the client to see if this is the case for your missing file.

NeptuneUK

Postby NeptuneUK » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:39 am

The post says files and then you talk of files.

Can you confirm what it is not being backed up, files within a folder (Directory) or the entire directory?

Mac or Windows?

Are you following file naming conventions? Maybe you could post the full path to the files / directory in question?

ckurir

Postby ckurir » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:57 am

Hi
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
I have backed up my entire PC, but about 60 files in different folders are "cycling around", trying to be backed up, but it just report an error on upload, but not which error. It is mainly jpg files, but other jpg files in same foldes are backed up.

I tried to reinstall, delete (rename) backup from server, integrity check, local support. But I have not found a solution.

itsme

Postby itsme » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Has anyone solved this one. It has been a problem since the early days of Livedrive. I usually find it when I do a backup on a new machine or rebuilt machine. I too have found that it can be cheated sometimes by renaming, scanning etc but often the same files cause problems. Again many are images and they are all backed up to Livedrivefrom another machine!

Return to “Livedrive”