Excessive bandwidth

General discussion about Livedrive

Moderator: pamart

Blessedwalnut

Excessive bandwidth

Postby Blessedwalnut » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi

Has anyone had this problem:

I've been using livedrive a number of years and still have an unlimited account. I have just received an email saying they are closing my account for breaching terms 20b and 20f of the terms and conditions. Basically these are for

use the Services in a manner that results in excessive bandwidth usage, as determined by us;

I have had no warnings from them, and when queried they said it was over the life of the account and not a single offence.
On their own FAQ there is a note saying there is no limit on the bandwidth each month. Is this not massively contradictory? Is there anything I can do? I have a lot of data I will need to transfer, but ideally I would like to keep using them.

thburkhart

Re: Excessive bandwidth

Postby thburkhart » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:23 am

I have the same problem

are there any possibilies to work against this confidence trick?

Thomas

dmcclymont

Postby dmcclymont » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Search on twitter for find others - they are many.
Some are seeking legal recourse, to be honest a lot of questions are unanswered such as:

- Excessive bandwidth on an unlimited account? HOW ??
- No way to speak to them about it?
- Refunds?
- No responses on social media?
- No responses on fault tickets?

Twitter #livedrive, join in!!

Eventually they will listen. Advise everyone else to get their data of as soon as viable, its your turn next???

Blessedwalnut

Postby Blessedwalnut » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Has anyone found a viable alternative offering similar briefcase space?

visler

Postby visler » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:49 pm

I got the same "nice" mail and got kicked aswell, having a lifetime subscription with unlimited storage etc

I didn't like the behavior from their side and would recoomend all to start looking for other to backup their data, these guys seams unreliable :(

icypurplepants

Postby icypurplepants » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm

I had an email from LiveDrive on 5th June telling me they were terminating my account for "a breach of Section 20 of the Terms of Use" which covers a wide-range of crimes.

I wrote back asking what I had done wrong, and assuring them I would put it right once they explained. I offered them a chance to call me to discuss, if required, and the following day, I received a reply:

"We can confirm that your email has been received, all communication on this matter will be provided by email. We will respond accordingly as soon as possible.

We understand that this email will have caused concern, however be assured that no action will be taken against your data and your account will not be terminated prior to you receiving further communication from us. "

So I have been sitting here waiting since then, and not heard a thing, and this morning, when I went to log in to my account, it suddenly no longer recognises my email address as valid. I assume, judging by what I have read here, and elsewhere that they have terminated my account - despite their assurance above that nothing will happen before I hear from them again.

Despite all this, I would actually quite like to continue using LiveDrive (as I have been since they first started) and agree with comments regarding "Unlimited" storage being anything but, but if they would just tell me what my limit was (assuming this is the issue), they could at least give me time to bring my account back into "compliance"!

So frustrated! I have written to them to ask why this has happened, so we shall see what they say.

Has anyone found anything else out there that is (even nearly) as good as LiveDrive? All other services seem to only offer actual back-ups, so you have to keep files on your computer, if you want them to be stored! :-(

icypurplepants

Postby icypurplepants » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:00 pm

So I got a reply this afternoon:

"We refer you to our email of 5th June 2014. We have made the position as clear as possible and have outline the sections of the Terms you have breached which have caused us to make this decision, no further clarification will be provided and we have nothing further to add.
We are sure since our original communication you have started the process to download your original data.

Can you please let us know how much data you have left to retrieve?

Looking at your account we can see you have data in the Briefcase which we appreciate you would be in the process of downloading.

Please confirm the above so we can move forward."

Nice... So I wrote back questioning why they said my account would not be terminated without them writing to me, when that is exactly what did happen. I have also questioned their comment that I have begun the process to download data. I also told them that I actually did try to download some stuff recently, but a fairly big chunk of it failed to download and I have a support ticket open for that too, so asked what would happen about that...

I also explained that I had asked for clarification of which of the 10 terms of use policies I had supposedly breached, since I don't believe I broke any of them.

Great great customer service, I have to say...

andrewhart

Postby andrewhart » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:47 am

Hi All

I've had the same experiance, received a mail on the 5th of June threatening account termination due to "a breach of Section 20 of the Terms of Use" unless I got in contact with them, after getting in contact I also received the

"We understand that this email will have caused concern, however be assured that no action will be taken against your data and your account will not be terminated prior to you receiving further communication from us."

I signed up in 2011 when Mozy stopped offering unlimited storage, I paid for 5 years in advance and from reading the terms I won't be eligible for a refund! I'm thinking some form of small claim court action is in order, how could we organise our efforts, it's disgraceful! They advertise an unlimited service, even mention photographers in their blog and have cut people off with no notice! Shocking..

thburkhart

Postby thburkhart » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 pm

i have the same problems

Ist das nicht Betrug ?!!

Thomas

Return to “Livedrive”